Sunday, May 22, 2011

Saturday Night

Last night I attended The Fuzz Club, a once a month event that my friend Sue puts on that has her (and sometimes other DJ's) playing 60's pop, soul, mod, psych and any other 60s period music that might fit the theme for that month. It's a nice night out to listen to good music, meet up with friends, and just generally have a good time. To be honest, apart from the drinks, friends, and music, there is another hidden reason to attend and that is the fair amount of peacockery that goes on between a small faction of the crowd of which I am not excluded. I did face a small dilemma though, the humidity of the day was a little rough. This problem was overcome by a quick look in the closet and remembering my new linen jacket (as if I could forget). The key was natural and breathable fabrics. I opted for a pure cotton button down with french cuffs, mohair trousers in a light tan color, the dark blue linen odd jacket with orange and sky checks, and a pair of chisel toed shoes. I also added a pair of vintage silver cuff links and black belt with silver full buckle to the mix. All in all I think it turned out well, but you can be the judge of that.

On a different note, the ending of some eBay auctions have a pair of sunglasses, a vintage madras jacket, and some sewing patterns headed my way. As soon as the arrive I will post them up.

No comments:

Post a Comment