Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Madras Sports Coat

As mentioned previously, I had purchased a few items of eBay recently and now they are starting to flow in. One item I picked up was this half lined madras blazer for a song. I don't know why, but I have recently felt compelled to acquire proper sports coats and pseudo formal wear for the hot Texas summers. I saw this listed and it the picture appealed to me. I always have some slight hesitation of buying coats of eBay as I can never be too sure about the fit and don't want to have to turn around and resell or spend too much having it altered. This jacket is a welcomed addition. The actual coat was a little darker than the picture led it to be, which was more than fine by me. It has a solid ecru base color with a blue, brown, and olive check pattern which works well for me color wise. The lining is what sold me, as it's a fantastic almost royal blue acetate and it really works well with the jacket. The rest is pretty standard with flap pockets, single vent, three buttons, and simple period shaping.  Another nifty bonus was the label, "Eldorado Traditionals, styled for young men" which is right up my alley. Pictured it here with a cotton Brooks Brothers polo in blue, and I think that pairing it with a pair of khaki trousers would look great, but I'll get to that later. For now, here my latest find.

No comments:

Post a Comment