Sunday, February 19, 2012

Accoutrements

Of course, this is to be pronounced in my snootiest of French accents. I have a few newly acquired items to post that fall under various categories. I am still in the design phase of the new site and want to incorporate other subjects such as food, music, and all the trappings of my various past times. I will start to expand my posts to include these as time passes, but it they will be seperate subjects once the new site launches. As mentioned, music is one subject I would like to include more into this site, as it's not just a smashing wardrobe that makes a man a true dandy (of the lion pride ilk, that is). I have occasion to take music with me for DJ nights and I had been after the iconic, if slightly cliched, 45 record box. I happened upon both of these at separate times and purchased both for what I considered a good deal, especially since at both time the boxes were filled with records that were included in the price. The fact that they were twin boxes was purely chance, but obviously very welcomed.


As I have mentioned in previous posts, I am my fathers son and conseqently have some of the same habits, such as pipe smoking. I had already purchased a leather tobacco pouch, rather than tote my supply around in a plastic bag, and I had gone through various lighters over the years.  Although the cheapy bics, standard zippos, and other garage sale finds worked for me, I always wanted somethign that more reflected my personality. The IM Corona Pipe Magie had always been  my top choice and was on my list to get. This Valentines day i was given one as a surprise gift from Rachel and I couldn't be happier. Silver side roller with 90 degree flame, well worth the wait.



And last, but certainly not least was actually a gift from last year that I had only recently been able to fully enjoy as the weather has refused to move on from summer. The sometimes chiller and drizzly weather has allowed me to bring my Tootal scarf into rotation. I have worn it with a dressier topcoat as well as a less formal harrington and it's a workhorse that doesn't fail. It can keep the draft out as well as add a bit of color in a pinch.


No comments:

Post a Comment