Tuesday, December 28, 2010

More yellow than mellow

This shirt came in today! One item on my "to get" list had been a nice yellow long sleeve button down shirt that could double for casual and dress. I have to admit, this was a bit of a Christmas gift to myself, but I don't feel any guilt as I got it off eBay and was the only one bidding, plus I got it for next to nothing, so it was really just a good buy that happened at the end of the year. It's a dead stock oxford dress shirt that was still in the bag, but I am having a little trouble dating it. The markings would indicate that it's a late 70's/ early 80's shirt, however the shirt itself has a tapered body  and a fantastic collar that is at least four inches wide that would indicate more 60s, and you know how I like those tall 60s collars with long points.Excuse the pics as it's still wrinkled from the package, but I couldn't wait to get it unwrapped and thrown on the stand in. I put an old Brooks Brothers blazer over it in one pic to give a reference point on the collar. All in all I have to say that I am very pleased with this purchase. Only a few more items to yet arrive, but I will post as they come in.

No comments:

Post a Comment