Monday, March 21, 2011

The Fuzz

I have always drawn style inspiration from the old fashion ads in men's magazine like Playboy or Stag from the late 50's and 60's. Bright colors, fantastic fabrics, and wild patterns and textures that set the mid century American male into another world of dandyism. Brands like Burlington, Ban Lon, Leonardo Strassi, Cricketeer, and others made clothes that would make a peacock proud. Leaning towards that 60's bachelor look, I recently picked up this pea green fuzzy mohair sweater. I have been looking for a cardigan like this for quite some time after having in image cross my mind of the cardie, a yellow button down, and some black trousers. (I recall getting out of bed in the night to go into my office and write it down so I didn't forget). Flash forward a few months and I located the shirt and the sweater. I know it's not for everyone, but I think the colors really compliment each other well and will make a great combination. I think the trousers will have to be tapered and hemmed a little on the high side to complete the look. The cardigan brand is Kings Road sportswear, which is just a dolled up name from Sears, but it still makes a statement. All I need now is a highball and a couple of jazz albums to wind the night away.

No comments:

Post a Comment