Thursday, March 24, 2011

Take notes

There's not going to be a test, but there is something to be said about taking notes. Previously I showed a mohair cardigan I got purely off an idea I had one night. While I was laying in bed I thought of this combo and how I liked it, knowing that if I continued to lie there and fall asleep, i probably would have forgotten about it by morning. So, I got out of bed and into my office, and wrote the idea down. If you like me, you forget things from time to time, and that's why I am going to stress the importance of notes for your sartorial needs. I will see combinations of colors, styles, and materials all the time and sometimes make up something  in my mind because of what I saw or what I thought I saw. Now, thanks to the technology of smart phones, a lot of phones these days come equiped with some sort of notes function, so it's not as hard as you might think. Every now and again I "empty" my phone notes and transfer them to my desk to a more permanent location so I can start sourcing any items I might need. I have done this recently and found that I had a lot more ideas in there than I had recalled. So now that I have these notes out, it's time to start looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment