Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Fall classics

So the wind is picking up and the temperature is dropping just enough to warrant something more than the usual shirt.As I felt the cool breeze today I couldn't help be feel the need to mention to classic items of British clothing that look as stylish today as the day they were introduced. I'm talking of the Baracuta G9 Harrington and Clarks desert boots. The G9 is a short sports style jacket with elastic cuffs, slash pockets, and the iconic tartan lining. It's been worn by everyone from Elvis to Steve McQueen, and of course Mods, since it's introduction. Great lightweight jacket to keep out the breeze and look stylish while doing it. The G9 is the classic style that comes in a myriad of colors, with "sand" still topping the charts. As for the Clarks, I have personally gone through a few pairs in my time and enjoyed everyone one. (word of advice, avoid the rain and mud) They are comfortable, smart, and make a great combo with the Harrington. Once again, "sand" tops the list of colors, but next time around I will be getting the dark brown suede. The design has not changed since it's debut, and it's a brand that had stood the test of time for a reason. So, if you are looking to update your wardrobe for the fall weather, give these two some consideration. I know I always do.

No comments:

Post a Comment