Tuesday, August 3, 2010

How's it hangin'?


I was going to call this one, "no more wire hangers!", but I think there is younger generation afoot that would have completely missed the reference. Anyways, I cannot express enough the value of taking proper care of your clothes. There's no reason for laying out any money, whether is be a lot or a little, on clothes and then ruining them after the fact by poorly storing them while not wearing. Wire hangers are only good for makeshift antenna's on crappy cars. Plastic hangers on only slightly better, but not much. I am a wood hanger preacher. I know they can be expensive, but not always. Enter Ikea. Many of you may already be familiar with this deal, but in case you are not, let me enlighten you. Ikea sells an 8pk of solid wood hangers for $4, which breaks down to 50 cents a hanger (for you mathematically challenged). I am lucky enough to have an Ikea store nearby and can pick these up whenever and I often do. I can safely (and smugly) say that it's the only hangers I have. There are stores all over the world and if you don't live near one, perhaps someone you know does, and I even think they do online ordering, so there's no reason for not getting in on this deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment