Saturday, August 14, 2010

IV


The term "Ivy League" is rumored to have had started with the original four schools in a certain sports division; Yale, Harvard, Princeton, and Columbia. It's was thought to be a play on the roman numerals, IV, i.e. "ivy". There are also several other theories on the origin of the term, but for some reason, I like this one the best, as I also like the classic Ivy League style. As I previously mentioned, i am on the prowl for new sports coats and blazers for the fall/winter season. And as the adage goes, "if you want something done right, you do it yourself", or possibly have trained professionals do it for you. So I bought a couple of patterns of the Internet recently and the first one arrived today. I was very pleased to notice that the pattern was called the "Ivy League" jacket. The idea of picking out the materials and linings for these will be a treat as well as wearing a custom coat in the fall that I know will literally be one in a billion. I am open to ideas and suggestions on materials or patterns for a couple of these unless, of course, they conflict with my own. I plan on having a few of these made up with only a few minor changes. But that is always subject to change. Perhaps two or three classics with a couple of whimsical patterns or materials thrown in for good measure? I'll post as soon as I receive the second. Until then, ta-ta for now old bean, off to lay the old noggin down on the fliff fluff.

No comments:

Post a Comment