Sunday, August 1, 2010

Hip to be Square


Once again, you never know. Found this three pack of pocket squares marked down to less than $2 for the whole set. At first I was ready to discount them as junk, BUT even though they are a cotton Target house brand (Merona), I saw potential in them. Obviously the blue gingham is my favorite, followed by the tattersall and then the solid blue with white. I have been on a pocket square journey for about two or three years after finally seeing the light and have been trying to build my collection. I don't need to tell you, but the pocket square can change an outfit as drastically as the shirt or tie. I saw these and thought "wait a minute, these would work wonders for a spring/summer ensemble." Not to sound like a food critic, but I think they could be "light and playful", fantastic for day wear. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not ever going to forgo my more expensive silk pocket squares, but I do like to break up day and evening wear, with day being a bit less formal (at least for leisure time). I hope to obtain a modeling form soon so that I can display my ideas a bit clearer, but for now, here's the squares.

No comments:

Post a Comment