Friday, September 3, 2010

Carlo the Jackel


It's no secret, I am a huge fan of vintage (or vintage range) of Italian knits shirt. One of my all time favorite makers is an Italian brand by the name of Roberto Carlo. I'm not going to lie, the quickest way to my heart is not only through my stomach, but also the Mr. Carlos' fine knits. Leonardo Strassi, Gabicci, and even Ban Lon are nice, but Roberto rarely lets me down. One of the first I purchased was this long sleeve black number with white saddle stitching, two small waist pockets, and fully buttoning front. Pairs great with a pair of mohair slacks and is a nice dressy casual look. ( I actually have a twin of this shirt in a light blue as well). You can compare it to the Lock Stock genre, but truth be told, Mods and sticksmen have been wearing them for years. The sizing can be a bear as they are made for Italians, and not big barbarian westerners (this one is actually an XL). I am always on the search for more, so if you see any, drop me a line, a possible finders fee could be involved. The down side is that I am not aware if the company is still around. If you know otherwise, please let me know. Definitely a fall garment around here, but that's just around the corner, isn't it?

2 comments: