Friday, September 24, 2010

The Experiment

Not too long ago I went to a "sale" at Steinmart. Normally I never find anything there, but you never know when a sale might produce some socks or undershirts or something that you can use for the price. It was as I suspected, loads of stuff I would normally never buy or wear no matter how much the discount was. Having said that, I did buy a Tommy Hilfiger button down shirt. I know, what was I thinking?! Well, to tell the truth, it didn't have any logo's blazoned on it, it had a great collar, and the checked material used was fantastic. Throw in the fact that it was only $9 on sale, then I couldn't really pass it up. As some of you may or may not know, Rachel and I recently purchased a sewing machine. My goal is to take this $9 shirt and turn it into something I would wear. Here's what I plan to do; put a button at the back of the collar, remove the front pocket (it has a hole), and slim down the body of the shirt. I think this is a good way to learn or practice basic skills and if it fails miserably, well, then I am only out a $9 Hilfiger shirt. No tears. Here's a before pic showing the huge body of this shirt and how shabby it looks. Hopefully the next update with show a better shirt. Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment