So, pretty much finished as much as I am going to do with the experiment shirt. I ended up successfully removing the front pocket (it had a small hole, hence the cheap price), then I added a button hole and button on the back of the collar, and lastly, I thinned down the sides and sleeves. I have to say I am pretty pleased with the end product. I took a before and after picture, and you can see a difference. The first picture is the after and the second being the before. (I know I put them backwards). The picture doesn't do them justice, as I narrowed the sleeves over an inch down the length and the sides came in a whopping inch and a half from both sides. I tried it on and it fits like a shirt should, not like a potato sack with a pattern. Next project is to actually make something from a pattern. In case you think this is unmanly, I must say I did spend most of the day in the garage using power tools, making sawdust, and pouring gasoline. So there.